Frank Swarbrick wrote:
>In my case the requirement for a UUID is from a CICS program.
>It is my understanding that OO COBOL is not supported under CICS.

OK.

>Can Java applications be called by CICS programs using EXEC CICS
>LINK?

Yes, of course. It can be a Java Standard Edition (JSE) program running in
a CICS JVM, or it can be a (notionally in this case) Java Enterprise
Edition (JEE) program running in CICS Liberty, as you prefer.

>In any case I don't think adding Java to our environment, where
>Java is not currently be using by "user applications", is a good
>way to go.

Why on earth not?

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE

E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com