From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 7:41 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COPYING PDS TO PDS ...

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 18:57:08 -0600, Lionel B Dyck  wrote:

>The pds command is case insensitive in this area - dataset names and member
>names are all converted to upper case as is standard for z/OS. The commands as
>well are case insensitive.
>
>Try it - you'll love it.

So if I have two members whose names differ only in the case of some character,
I can't distinguish between them with the pds command.  I don't think I'd love
that.

Are the commands case insensitive with respect to names in the PDS directory,
or only in commands?  That is, suppose I have carelessly created a member name
containing a lower case character, can I use the pds command to rename it to
something more conventional?

-- gil