From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Interchange best practice? (was: GIT ... length issue)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 12:18:20 -0600, Lionel B Dyck wrote:

>The zigi package has been generated in TSO XMIT format and sent to Sam for
>inclusion on the CBTTape and it will be there in the near future. The initial
>packaging was for those who could run git to clone. There is also the option
>to download the package in a zip file, which then requires that it be uploaded
>to z/OS.
>
>The Rocket port of git, bash, etc. needs to be uploaded as well but most of it
>is in binary.

Is bash required?  Why doesn't the POSIX shell with OMVS suffice?
Or is this a requirement of git core?

>Using OGETX might solve the issue (haven't tried) for the various partitioned
>dataset files..

CBTtape; Rocket port; git clone; zip option; ...?

This is impinging on the Paradox of Choice:

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1wDeip62qK3NOQvSAlrWMk0II11vmOiIYB3If9WvZSTJW7tpcIhpwSvYlHl7Fwm-FcOOrDtn-9rA8_ofJkfI12zZ2ezAP_PoxG2vaqoGSWLer4gVgw9Nue9MPu8_q7GDQImxDFjI6FFqwLdCN_TMN6n-GnD4g8U8MTsRgcenZTzFQiSFX27T5yAZwiBdTXW5RvmhZgkkS0sdu9BUwPBSxCMv90t8OgpAJfpdt-28G7jfAcYaINkg86RHCOUgBU84AOe1aDQU48UzDFTwvEfdL79VIVLClAcXSuGYnzF2dD1OwRQx1M8YOW4AKP90V-QoYBHHVua_kTSSGy34FCFX7d46oBlNN4XphDJiT_vSELLfzLC3xecMa0xCDL9JZK3OGvK94zjMF3YvfCFmvfHFFOaTIT1tuZQOJSks51whRRneYhOba40BRiMOYFGcku95bz1CIDgWMJSpteT0arhSo3Q/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ted.com%2Ftalks%2Fbarry_schwartz_the_paradox_of_choice%3Flanguage%3Den#t-8855

-- gil