On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 19:26:49 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Yes, OMVS is part of z/OS, but I m sure that by "to OMVS" he means "to a file
>in an OMVS file system".

I was commenting more specifically on the "to z/OS" part.  Too
many walls to hop over.

>You should be able to receive from an XMIT file in batch TSO without a prompt.

I don't see it.  In:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ikjc200/dsrec.htm

    When you issue the RECEIVE command and a data set was sent to you, unless
the
    data set was sent as a message, you see something like the following:

    Dataset A.DATASET.NAME from USER1 on NODEID
    Enter restore parameters or 'DELETE' or 'END' +

    You then have the following options:

    Receive the data set by pressing the Enter key. If the receive is
successful,
    the new data set name is the same as the one transmitted except your prefix
    replaces the first qualifier.
So at least some interaction is necessary, at minimum an empty
line (which might be stacked.)

>... AFAIK you can only receive from SPOOL in foreground.

IKJEFT*?
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 05:44:08 -0600, Lionel B Dyck wrote:

>If you are trying to ftp the rocket git distribution then you should be
>ftp'ing it to OMVS and not to z/OS datasets.  If you are trying to work with
>the zigi (z/OS ISPF Git Interface) then again, ftp to OMVS files and use the
>install.sh script to get the files to z/OS for use.
Isn't OMVS already just part of z/OS?

-- gil