On 2019-12-29 14:33, Lionel B Dyck wrote:

> On 2019-12-29 09:38, Robert Prins wrote:> Does anyone know a way of deleting all the non-default ISPF clipboards, from> within an edit macro, without knowing their names?> > Reason? I've got an edit macro that creates half a dozen of internally used> clipboards, and that obviously fails if there are already several clipboards> created before the macro is invoked.
> Robert - to answer your question - No (sadly)
>
> I've not found a way programmatically to get a list of all the edit
> clipboards. I did resist the urge to chase control blocks but that may be the
> only solution.

That would be OK, this is a macro for my personal use.

However, after I posted the above, I realized that I actually (might) have an answer in the form of "EDITCLIP", <https://prino.neocities.org/zOS/zOS-Tools.html#editclip>, an edit macro that I use to access ISPF clipboard(s) from within other edit macros and even from outside the ISPF editor, using the "ECLIP" command I set up in a user command table.

Using the method used in EDITCLIP, i.e. creating a temporary copy of the "ISRECUTL" panel with a bit of extra code, would allow me to retrieve the names of all ISPF clipboards ("EFINDCLP") and delete them (individually, or all, "EDELCLIP [clipboard|*]").

I'll give this a try a bit later, (read: in early 2020), and will post the results here and, if things work, add them to the my z/OS page.

In the meantime all the best of you all for 2020,

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins(a)gmail.com