In article <02331572-ae6a-e896-0023-9bd6e64cf...@gmail.com> you wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 17:23:51 +1100, Attila Fogarasi <fogar...@gmail.com>
> wrote abour Re: Enterprise COBOL 6.3 and IBM Programmer Tools:
> > There is a 64-bit ODBC driver so Db2 does provide a 64 bit API today, just
> > not for embedded SQL :)
> The ODBC driver runs on the client machine, not the host. The host
> interface is almost certainly accessing DB2 in 31-bit AMODE.
> --
> Regards,
> Dave  [RLU #314465]

There's just one machine/host. There are various APIs to get to DB2
data. Internally, I'm sure that most of DB2 by now is AMODE 64 as
lots of internal control areas have been moving above the bar since
version 9 at least. We looked at converting to ODBC to allow us to
not have to do all the work required when using the CAF API, but
there were just too many things that CAF can do that ODBC doesn't.
Programs that just do simple SQL should probably convert to ODBC
if AMODE 64 is required. The manual for that is at:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPEK_12.0.0/pdf/db2z_12_odbcbook.pdf

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513