I was wondering what "methodologies" shops have for migrating to a new
"release" within the same "version" of a compiler.  Specifically, we currently
have Enterprise COBOL 6.2 (V6 R2) and 6.3 is now available.  Our systems group
asked if we just wanted to "replace" 6.2 with 6.3.  I'm a bit wary especially
of a program having been compiled with V6.2 but then implemented with V6.3.  Am
I over thinking this, perhaps because of the large difference in the compiler
from V4 to V5?  What is the likelihood of a compiler bug being introduced in
V6.3 for code that worked in V6.2?  Perhaps very, very little.  But I'd still
like to hear thoughts and opinions.

For what its worth, along with 6.2 we still have 4.2 and 5.2 installed.  But we
really should only be using 6.2 at this point any time a program is recompiled.
 Anyway, up to this point we've always made sure that the production compile is
done with the same version/release as all of the testing.

Thanks,
Frank