These recommendations are culled from the procedure we've used for 20 years.

-- With a new (empty) CFRM data set, you should not see any reference to the
production policy.

-- 'IN USE BY ANOTHER SYSPLEX' suggests that you are pointing to (a copy of)
the prod version, not the DR version.

-- You need to name the new CFRM couple data set in your DR PARMLIB, e.g.
member COUPLEDR. That same member must also name your DR policy because there
will be no active policy on the first IPL:
    CFRMPOL(drpolicy)  /* CFRM POLICY TO ACTIVATE IF NONE FOUND */

-- When we IPL first time in DR with a new CFRM couple data set but a copy of
prod sysplex couple, we are prompted to use the prod guy last used (no) or the
new guy named in PARMLIB (yes).

You can send me notes directly to clarify these or other points.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company