From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Tony Thigpen
Sent: 11 February 2020 13:31
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] Finding and replying to outstanding reply

We have an in-house written automated shutdown program that does everything but
shutdown NPF. That is because NPF leaves an open reply message during start-up
to which I must replay xx,STOP to make it shutdown. Within our shutdown
program, I would like it to programmatically find the outstanding reply number
so that it can issue the correct response.

Can someone point me to any doc or examples that will help me get started on
this?

Some items:
The shutdown program is assembler.
I have SysREXX running with a valid MPF exit to call it.
I would prefer to do it all within the assembler program instead of using
MPF/SysREXX.

Thoughts?

--
Tony Thigpen