Tony,

We do have a SYSREXX code that automates our shutdown process.
There is a part of if related to respond some pending REPLIES, as shown:

CMDRESULT=AXRCMD('P TCAS','OUTPUTVAR.',10);
X  = AXRWAIT(4)           /* Aguarda 4s */
Cmd   = 'D R,R,SYS='Sysid',JOB=TCAS'

Reply = ReplyCMD(Cmd)
If Reply <> 0 Then
   CMDRESULT=AXRCMD('R 'Reply',FSTOP')

/*                                     */
/* Subrotina verifica  REPLY pendente  */
/*                                     */
ReplyCMD:
CMDRESULT=AXRCMD(Cmd,'REPLYVAR.',10)
If CMDResult = 0 Then
   Do
   Outst  =  WORD(REPLYVAR.3,3)
   If Outst  <> 'OUTSTANDING' Then
      Return  WORD(REPLYVAR.4,1)
   Else
      Return  0
   End
Else
   Say "SHUTDOWN Sysrexx - Reply from "Cmd" - RC="CMDResult
   Return 0

Atenciosamente / Regards / Saludos

Ituriel do Nascimento Neto
4250/DITI Engenharia de Software
Tel: +55 11 3684-9602 Canal de voz 23-1404
E-mail: ituriel.nascime...@bradesco.com.br
BANCO BRADESCO S.A.
Cidade de Deus, Osasco, Prédio Vermelho