On 2020-02-19 8:24 PM, John McKown wrote:
This look interesting!

IBM have a new product for running traditional batch utilities using an
API that works in shell scripts, Java and Python.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKFYE_1.0.1/welcome_zoautil.html

Some of these things remind me of Dovetail Technologies' "Co:Z" and
"Dataset Utilities" functionality. I am guessing that this is a cost
product? Dovetail's utilities are free. But they don't include the Java and
Python stuff -- that is really nice, to me. Not that I'll ever see any of
this stuff. We're still on the "death watch" here. Been on it for years,
and over multiple owners.

Co:Z seems to be the much better option for shell scripting. The IBM offering is a C DLL that is wrapped in JNI for Java with a native C API. I have to say, I prefer Co:Z to calling batch utilities but the later may be more effecient for copying PDS data sets.