>>> Hallo, Have just joined this group and wondering if anyone has tried
side-saddle (aside) on their Icelandic.  I want to do our competitions in UK
like this.  Any information from anyone having done it would be
appreciated.

Ohhh, don't even get me started!  LOL!  A woman I used to work with years
ago rode sidesaddle, and she brought her saddle over once.  This was before
I had Icelandics, but we tried it on my QH, and I thought it was cool.  I
thought I'd eventually try it...but then I lost my old horse, then I bought
Icelandics...and I haven't gotten around to trying everything I'd like to
try!

I'd like to hear more, but here's my biggest fear - I've had a heck of a
time finding saddles wide enough for many of my Icelandics, and since there
aren't so many choices in sidesaddles, I haven't even dared think I might
find one wide enough...?

Sidesaddle always looks so elegant...but then I ride in old cheap breeches,
or Walmart stretch jeans, and always seem to have green horse "lipstick" all
over my face and clothes...I guess I should forget about the "elegant" image
for me!

Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




Reply via email to