--- In [email protected], Robyn Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When a sidepull doesn't have the jowl strap there is more tendency 
for the sidepull to twist and also get too close to the horse's 
eyes.  The jowl strap means you don't have to tighten the nosepiece 
so much...

-------------That's exactly what I was wondering.  Thanks for 
answering this.  I suspected that having the jowl strap would indeed 
keep it from twisting as much.  I've been looking at different 
sidepulls and wondering if I could "create" a jowl strap by 
connecting a piece of leather (a long curb strap maybe?) to the rings 
on the point of the "v" on the cheek pieces.

 
> You asked about the difference between a halter and sidepull - a 
couple of reasons we use them - the rein attachments are further 
forward than a nylon halter (shorter nosepiece) so it changes where 
the mechanics of the signal - more direct. 

------------And that's also what I suspected, which is one of the 
reasons I'm looking into sidepulls instead of just keeping on riding 
in the halter.

That answers some of the big questions I had.  Is the sidepull that 
you mentioned/have for sale the Lindell?

Dawn B.S.

Reply via email to