On 1/6/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I just read where someone in all innocence and enthusiasm asked if it's true
>  that Icelandics can carry 300+ pounds.   The person asking sounds genuinely
>  concerned, but enthusiastic - and who among us can't identify with a genuine
>  enthusiasm for riding and owning horses?  The person asking is new to
>  horses, new to riding, and weighs close to 300.

Looks like someone 'over there' found a very tactful way of hinting
that they can't. Much more tactful than I was thinking. ;)

Maybe looking into a draft horse would be a better option. Some of the
Percherons are not really tall, but beyond stocky and can carry a very
heavy person. I don't think you realize how easily a horse's back is
damaged until you've rehabed one through back problems or dealt with
your own horse having back problems.

Steph
-- 
"Brutality begins where skill ends."
"Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for
rider and horse from the very beginning through the highest levels."
Von Niendorff

Reply via email to