On 3/20/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Laree,
>     Have you ever given lutalyse?  The shot of course is easy to give but 
> afterwards your mare will be VERY uncomfortable.  She will sweat profusely 
> and most likely try to roll like she is having colic.  I gave my mare, 
> Ljosbra, this last year when we were trying to breed her.  It reallly scared 
> me as my vet told me "she would be uncomfortable".  I was afraid for her to 
> roll because I did not want her to twist her bowel.  I made her walk the 
> entire time and it was all I could do to keep her up.  It started about 15 
> minutes after the shot and lasted 45-60 min.
> The mare of course was ok but it scared me to see her in so much pain.
>
>                                         Renee
>

I was at my vet with GB having his teeth done.  It was very hard on
him and I had to stay a long time til he came around enough to where I
could haul him home.  A mare came in and was given ultrasound, the
shot, and afterward the owner and I walked the field together and her
mare was just as out of it as GB.  Do you think she was given
something for pain?  Sedated?  It took her as long as GB to come
around enough to travel.
Janice
-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to