On 4/11/07, Janice McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  She somehow gets back to
> civilization, drives home, and takes a shower with a broken ankle and
> wrist.  Then calls her mom to come take her to the ER.  All the way to
> the ER the mom, just harp harp harps about the danger of horses.
> After the ER they go to publx so the mom can pick up some food items
> and get prescriptions filled to get the daughter settled in at home.
> In Publix, the mom inexplicably slips and falls and breaks an ankle!
> No lie!!
> Janice


When I was riding Calvin, he slipped and fell, landing on my leg.   We
had trailered to a nearby park.  My leg hurt, I put some ice on it,
then loaded the horses, brought them home, unloaded them, walked them
down the hill.  Came in the house, showered, and shaved my leg.  At
the ER they said I thought this happened horseback riding.  I told
them I had to shower first because if I was going to get a cast I
wanted my leg to be shaved so it wouldn't itch.  Turns out there was a
break at the ankle and one on the fibula (the small leg bone just
below the knee).  They put a split on that immobilized the knee and
sent me to the orthopedic specialist.  I begged him not to immobilize
the knee and give me one of those removable boots instead of the cast.
 It hurt more and took a little longer to heal because the break on
the fibula was up near the top of the boot, but I would take it off to
shower and never missed a day of work.  I also went to Cancun for a
business trip a few weeks later.  Whenever anyone would say that
horses were dangerous, my remark would be that I had two friends who
had recently broken ankles.  One was carrying laundry down the stairs,
the other stepped off her front porch.  I would add-At least I was
having fun!

Anna

Reply via email to