On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:16:01PM -0300, Virginia Tupper wrote:
> > Have you ever read any of Linda Tellington-Jones's
> > books?  There is a great T-Touch strech for the back
> > that uses a girth to lift the belly and another that
> > you use your fingernails or a hoof pick (on the
> > belly)to ask the horse to lift her own back muscles.
> >
> 
> Yes--I've tried some lift the belly but it appears that Gat doesn't
> lift.  I've used fingernails and girth but I don't see any change.

i had the same reaction until i saw someone *else* doing it.  it's hard
to watch your horse's back while you're reaching under the belly!  but
stjarni does indeed lift, now according to three independent witnesses :)

--vicka

ps. i also believe in hill work and backing to muscle up the back.
just sayin'.

Reply via email to