On 4/28/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > In what ways do horses try to communicate with us? > > How do they try to tell us if they are OK, not OK? > > Horses are always trying to communicate with us; how do we listen to them? >
i am going to try to take pictures of my horses expressions. It amazes me when people say they can't see it. I went to the biglick walking horse show last nite. I took the old man who has been breeding them over fifty years and used to show in the sixties at the WGC level. He picked EVERY winner by the way. I wish it had been a horse race I could have won a fortune... but walked to the stall barn with him and we moseyed through the aisles and he would say "that one's built for high action there..." and I would say "look at that ones eyes, he worries about things like Jaspar does" and he would say "that ones a nice color but i dont like his rear end" and I would say "this one is so sad" or "oh wow, look at this one, he is a goofball like stonewall, he wants to start some trouble around here so he wont be bored" and he just laughed real hard and said "you know not many people can read a horse like you do," and I thought he was making fun of me and laughed and he said "no, I mean it, thats why you have a way of calming them, not many people can calm a horse like you do" which was quite a compliment since some of his horses that have been stalled for years will actually bite the bars all wild eyed and people will fall back going "oohhh!" like he is an attack horse and I just quick open the top gate so he can stick his head out cause I know he is saying "look at me! Look at me! Talk to me!" so I do... and most times it ends with them lowering the head and closing their eyes passionately like they are reverently thankful to be relieved for even a moment. Janice -- yipie tie yie yo
