On 7/23/07, Skise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm very new to all these gaits and very bad telling the gaits from
> another from a single picture so I'm asking how do you tell this is
> foxtrot? To me at the moment the horse looks quite lateral, both left
> legs are pointing forward (left hind still under the horse and left fore
> just coming down) and both right legs are pointing back (has just picked
> up the hind and is about to pick up the fore).
>
> Krisse
>

I see that too Krisse, so I cant wait to hear the answer.  He has
always been very pacey, and a sign of pace when i look at a picture is
feet on one side all moving in the same direction, which is the case
here, BUT, a sign of foxtrot to me, something i always see is that the
front legs appear to be very extended and walking while the back feet
seem very hoppy and prancey.  which he is doing.  so again, i cant
wait to hear the answer :)  I can tell a stepping pace from the saddle
cause the movement is side to side...  but seeing it is hard to tell.
and I can tell a trot usually cause the legs on one side form a V....
thats how I tell :)  not very scientific haha
Janice
-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to