>>>> See how *in step* these two horses are.
>
> That's really an interesting picture.  It would be cool to get a series of
> shots like that from several different angles - I know, I know, much 
> easier
> said than done!

That would be neat!


> From this one angle (and granted, it's only one angle and it could be
> misleading) it appears that the chestnut has the one leg stepping further 
> up
> underneath him than does the dark horse.  But, there seems to be a good 
> bit
> more of a dip in the chestnut's back.  Both appear (at least from this
> angle) to have one leg trailing though.  It would be interesting to be 
> able
> to isolate how much of that appearance is simply comformational 
> differences
> in the two backs, how much is from how the horses are "lifting" their 
> backs
> (I say "lifting" because neither is "rounding" their back), and how much 
> is
> simply from the camera angle.

I know that the bay has an "A" frame back, with a prominent spine, and the 
chestnut has a flat back (with a spine that is an "inney").

I think some of their slight difference in step is because they have reached 
the end of the arena, and the inside horse (bay) is starting his turn to the 
right, and the chestnut, being the outside horse, can take probably another 
half step or so before tipping his head.

But it would be interesting to know about that leg stepping under more in 
one horse and less in the other.

I would bet that these two horses do not have the same range of gaits.


Judy
http://icehorses.net
http://clickryder.com 

Reply via email to