--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am back.  Went down to Dave G and Liz Graves place today. It was so
fun being with the ladies-my friends.
What a nice guy David is. He worked on the tree for Lukka for at least
an hour or more.  Made the bars shorter and did some different stuff.
It looked great. Made her walk out with it on and checked fit. My
friend brought two horses down and he said her saddles fit well enough
and he just told her where to put the shims etc to make it work. We
were there around 3.5 hours. I just got the basic western endurance,
short skirted, with only two conchos in the back with strings (for
maybe a saddle bag) and it is synthetic.  So it was very reasonable.
I use my own easy ride stirrups so he deducted that and it came with a
cinch it is one cinch that connects both the front and back  cinches
into one.  I believe he said it was kinda a mule packing cinch.  I
can't wait but it might take 12 weeks.  DANG!!!

He said he has been making a bunch of saddles for Icelandics over in
Europe and has been successful. Well, he hasn't heard any complaints.
I can't remember where tho. Told me Lukka doesn't have the normal
Icelandic back tho. She isn't as wide and table top like.

Now when someone says- you can't ride a Icelandic in a western saddle
I can say, Yes you can.But it isn't the huge heavy leather with a horn
either.
I would recommend going there if you have problems.  It is only 2.5
hours form Hudson WI. Easy drive.  Going thru Rochester was fine.  We
even went thru during rush hour at 4:30-5:00.

Hopefully I will have it by end of October.  He also said my Wintec
Icelandic wasn't a terrible fit.  I was glad to hear that.  I have
been so concerned I was hurting her.
Said the width was fine.

Liz was leaving for a clinic.  I wish she would have come over to
visit a little.  BUSY LADY  So interesting to talk to him.  They are
going over to Thailand to study the gaits of elephants.  What a life.
I am so excited.  Now i have my perfect little horse and will have my
perfect saddle for me and her.  What more can a girl ask for!!!

Reply via email to