On 10/25/07, Laree Shulman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Penelope Hodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, Alice certainly is pretty, but check out out very handsome Griffin 
> > is.  For those who don't know - blue heelers come in red, too.
>
>
> Are heelers the same as cattle dogs?
> --
> Laree in NC
> Doppa & Mura
> Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)
>


yes, I am no expert, but from chatting with people who see us with
Alice, they say australian cattledogs are the official breed and they
come in red and blue, but that the Queensland Blue Heeler is a sorta
SUB-category with certain characteristics, a certain kinda tail, coat,
etc and of course blue.  I think that must be true tho because we have
seen lots of heelers and some have long thick wavey coats and docked
tails and are shorter and cobbier than alice.  We had a friend
graduating from law enforcement academy and she had always wanted a
blue heeler.  I saw an ad in the paper for alice so went to look at
her, she was very cheap and I wondered why since she was registered.
I get there and it was a mobile home on "Rollohome Road" and there
were toys scattered all over the yard and a car up on blocks and the
vehicle was an old rusty car, and then I find a very young PREGNANT
mother of three and it was like that commercial where the woman is
inside with 5 little boys demolishing the place.  The children were
screaming and knocking each other down and this poor young girl comes
out, she gets in one of those 8 months preghnant stances, holding her
aching back, and says "Look, I just sold the dog, but I am gonna call
my huaband and tell him I am leaving him if I can't sell one more.  So
if you will just hold on a minute..."  and she lets the dogs out to
play around the yard while she goes to make the call and they are like
wild heathen jumping beans, five of them.  And it turned out he said
she could sell us one for cheap, that they had bought five female
puppies of excellent bloodlines to breed to their one male of
excellent bloodlines, to be sorta in the breeding business of blue
heelers etc and then with the kids, and well, you just havent lived
through hyper til you've lived through even ONE blue heeler puppy....
alice has calmed down considerable but she still does stuff like come
running out of the bathroom with my panty hose snarling and flipping
them in the air and launching herself off the couch to snatch them out
of mid air, also she "heels" the truck tires when they are standing
still...  I know one man who filed his heelers teeth down cause it
would chew holes in his car tires in the yard...  anyway.  i took
Alice home and said to my husband "look what I bought for Becky for
graduation"  and my husband took one look and said "that aint Becky's
thats MY dog....."  so I guess you could say it was love at first
sight.
haha
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to