>>>> Sounds very much like a hoof abscess from your description of the
symptoms, which burst in the trailer and relieved the pressure - but I would
have expected your vets to spot something on the coronary band if that was
the case.


A hoof abscess can make a horse three-legged lame, but I can't remember
having one here where you couldn't see any evidence of opening.  Also,
rarely have the ones I've known here come on so suddenly and so dramatically
and gone away so fast.   (Come on suddenly - yes, sometimes.)  If the vet
couldn't see anything obvious, I'm voting for a locking stifle too.


Did your vet mention a locking stifle?  I'd ask him about that as a
possibility.


Karen Thomas, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.14/1171 - Release Date: 12/4/2007
7:31 PM




IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate, 
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and 
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer


[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to