>>>> This is also the type of horse that clicker training can really help,
in a short period of time.  They get a better sense of what is expected of
them so their life becomes more predictable.  I know you are not a huge fan
and it sounds like she has made lots of progress so far,  just another idea.


I'm not opposed to clicker training so much as I feel like I've developed
other ways to do things over the years that are almost instinctive to me.
I DO think she might be a good candidate for c/t - whereas I wasn't
particularly warm to the idea of starting Tivar with the clicker when he
came.  She's a much different horse than he was when I first met him though.
Since I'm seeing so much progress with her so far, just using my convoluted,
self-blended methods, I'll probably stick with them.   If we get to a
sticking point, I might reconsider then.



>>>> Did you say she was related to some of your other horses?


She's Bjola's half sister, Maja's aunt, Ima's aunt, and Kola's great-aunt.
Those are all horses that we like a lot...that's why I was so drawn to get
her. Like, them, I believe she has a good brain.


Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.17/1178 - Release Date: 12/8/2007
11:59 AM




IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate, 
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and 
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer


[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to