>> but where was your grandfather's home?

Hi Nancy,

My grandpa Antonio, was from General Bravo, a small village outside of
Guadalupe, Mexico.  His parents were from France and they moved to
Mexico right after their marriage. He was a law man in the village his
entire life. He was so dedicated to his job, that even after he
retired ...he would get up every morning, have his breakfast, put on
his uniform, walk down to the village shops and make the "rounds".
Then he would go home, have lunch, take a nap and get up and go fiddle
with his horses and do animals chores. He had a farm with all sorts of
animals, he bred horses and brahman cattle. He always had at least 5
or 6 dogs running around him and that was so much fun to have all
those dogs for me to play with. The house was filled with bird cages
and he loved parrots, he would teach them to talk and cuss. HA!   Of
course as a young girl I did not know the parrots were swearing.

My grandpa was such a special man, he was my hero.  I spent pretty
much all my summers at his farm, out of 9 kids in my family, I was the
only one who got the "horse gene".   I have many wonderful memories,
and he was the one adult in my life that believed in me.  I didn't
have the best "home life", spent many years in and out of foster care.
But the one constant thing in my life was my grandpa, his great love
for me and of course...I had my horses.

Here's a link to some photos I just uploaded. These were taken about
two years before my grandpa died, he was 92 when he died in 1993. I
still miss him. The photos are a bit dark...sorry.
http://tinyurl.com/25agln

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze

Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.

Reply via email to