>>>> The USIHC "promotes its correct use as a competition and pleasure
riding horse".  What is "correct" use?


I think this tells us that the USIHC is largely composed of a bunch of
snooty, pretentious and inflexible old biddies who are concerned that the
Icelandic horse not be integrated into the various types of riding styles
available, and that they not be trained using the wealth of good, gentle
horsemanship techniques across the world, particularly in the USA.  Because,
when that happens it erodes the "exoticness" of the breed that allows those
ego-driven individuals bask in, and that "exoticness" feeds their egos as
the huge fish in this teensy-weensy pond.  Thus, "correct" in that sense
means what's best for the egos of the USIHC leaders, who seem to me to be to
be Emperors who are wearing no clothes.   ;)


If you are wondering why I say this, I'm still remembering the article in
the USIHC Quarterly (or was it "Tolt News"?) just a year or two ago that
says you can't apply Natural Horsemanship to anything beyond a little basic
groundwork with Icelandics, and after that you'll need a "special" Icelandic
trainer.  Ha - tell Sina that!  And I still remember the horrible,
mean-spirited and libelous bashing Liz Graves took on the Icelandic lists by
those same folks for DARING to try to offer some help to beginner riders of
Icelandics when she's NEVER been to Iceland or trained at Holar, and when
she wasn't a "certified Icelandic trainer."  Funny, I hadn't even met Liz at
that time, but the vicious and untrue nature of the nasty attacks told me a
lot more about the attackers than the attackee.  Sheesh.



Karen Thomas, NC

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1210 - Release Date: 1/5/2008
11:46 AM


Reply via email to