I decided to take a couple of days off clicker training. More of a 
retreat and regroup while I organise a plan. Well I still do 
maintainance with some carrots and otherwise they get feed in a bowl 
as before the clicker training. This is definitely not acceptable to 
Ofeig. She wants the training please. In fact I'm altogether worried 
that she is too bonded to me. Is that possible? Maybe she is addicted 
to clicker training. Is that something to be worried about? It has 
occured to me that she may be under the delusion that she is training 
me. 
I have been getting her to do 'stand still and look out the window 
while I put up a hay net'. If I take too long to click her she 
briefly turns and nudges me going immediately back to the window.
I have been trying to put her spontaneous headlowering on cue. I'm 
only clicking if I have initiated it with a hand cue. She soon 
cottoned on and after 3 spontaneous nods without a click she managed 
to turn and toss my arm over her head and do a quick nod. I did click 
and treat her but somehow it didn't feel like I was in charge.
Corrie knows that lowering the head is not a forward moving exercise. 
Is it a backing exercise? She looks like Tony Blair exiting an 
audience with the Queen. She only backs with headlowering if I'm on 
her blind side.
The good news is that neither of them barge out of the stable now. 
They wait for my signal even if the door is wide open.
I'm going to do some mat work next. 
I will be glad when the slippery mud has gone. My back is really 
playing up. Rising trot was hell the other day. We had beautiful 
sunshine today but I couldn't face riding and then leading Corrie 
back through the mud. It's too unsafe onboard or on the ground. She 
nearly fell on me twice last time.
Are no training days ok, well there is no such thing unless I don't 
handle them at all. I wish there were no poo days too! 

Sue Lincolnshire UK

Reply via email to