On 2/17/08, Nancy Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > The only thing I can think of is that one individual endurance horse was > wearing his hind feet more than his front. Otherwise, this is nothing I > have ever heard of or read about. There will, however, be some sort of > exception to everything. >
I know you're on Ridecamp, but this might have been before you joined. There is a huge discussion between Kat Swigart, the guy from Georgia that wrote all the SERA articles (Holland? I don't remember) and some other farriers about the pros of shoeing just the back. If I remember correctly Kat only shoes the hinds of her horses, and says that's common practice on the tracks. It was an interesting thread, probably 40 or 50 messages. I'll try to find it tomorrow, it should be saved on my PC at work. Steph -- "Brutality begins where skill ends." "Correctly understood, work at the lunge line is indispensable for rider and horse from the very beginning through the highest levels." Von Niendorff
