>>> When I do get a pad, I'm going to order a burr pad. That stays in one >>> place when Cara uses it with her G3 (mind you, it's that pad she feels >>> perched on). We'll see...
Oh, so it's the Bur that makes her feel perched, not the Skito...? Isn't that Bur pad pretty thick, even down the sides, under the saddle flaps? I have seen a Bur, but I don't own one, so I can't quite remember the details. Kaaren Jordan had Tom at Skito design her a pad for the Sensations such that the foam is a little more scalloped out under where your thigh rests, but you get full padding in the area where your weight comes in contact with the horse's back. With these really wide Icelandic's, just trimming a little padding here and there can make a world of difference in how perched you feel on the saddle, or in how spread-out you feel. And, of course, there's a range of foam thicknesses you can get. It's really cool how easily and well you can tweak these saddles, once you set your mind to it. Karen Thomas, NC
