> Did you give her a full body clip?  I think I'd do that, in addition to
> anything the vet recommended.  I've heard some amazing changes from body
> clipping.  It may not cure her totally, but I sure wouldn't give up until I
> tried that.


I would really like to know how many times since I've been on this
list that, in the Spring and Fall, someone writes in with the
lethargic, panting, dragging, not themselves worry about their
Icelandic and after they give them a body clip, it's like a miracle
cure.  It is always the first advice I would give anyone.  Just go out
and run in a sweatsuit in 80+ degree heat and see how you feel.  The
people I talk to about Icelandics I always tell them that a good set
of horse clippers is a must have piece of equipment unless you live in
Canada.  Of course, this will not cure anhydrous, but if they have
that problem, it would be all the more reason to clip them.


Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

Reply via email to