> At what point would you clip?

I do a full body clip in October and then do a trace clip (chest &
side vents) about December.  The first of March I do a fairly
extensive trace clip (chest, neck and side vents) Then each weekend in
March and April I keep making the vents bigger and bigger until they
are clipped all over except for their belly.  All the while I am also
brushing vigorously with a slicker brush to remove shedding hair.
Sometimes I have to clip in August if I'm riding a lot.  That's what
works for me in NC.  I think you need to adjust for your climate but
we are having temps down in the 20's at night, mid to high 60's in the
day and the girls seem very comfortable
-- 
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

Reply via email to