--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  phrased it something like he would be
> there to
> shoe horses under Sigrun's direction.  Huh? 

  A good farrier stays busy learning how to maintain a
> horse's foot
> and joint health.  I don't know of any GOOD farriers and trainers
> where it's
> the TRAINER who dictates how the feet will be trimmed. 


Well, I would say it is more rare, however we have high end clients
who have almost full time very professional trainers on staff
(buckleysporthorses.com) who will talk to Sally about the shoeing,
how the horse is moving in the pasture and under saddle, since a
farrier can not be there all 4, 6 or 8 weeks to watch the horse move,
it is a helpful thing for the horse to have eveyone on board.

Lester, the trainer we work with with some of our clients is very
helpful, he is a full time trainer, however he did graduate from
farrier school years ago, and has a lifelong relationship with horses
in a professional way.  He is highly educated in the Equine world,
and really can help with the shoeing, the placement, the trim and so
forth.  However I think most trainers do not have that type of
overall experience and education.  Lester went to farrier school for
1 year, A very long time for that trade.

It can get touchy of course when the farrier and the trainer
disagree....of course it is really fun when the vet is there
too....as the Vet hold the 'Trump' card generally when applied to
shoeing.  


  
> I'm sure anyone who's interested can find details about this
> incident in the
> archives.  We don't make this stuff up...although some days I wish
> it were
> all make-believe.

Speaking of Archives....are these public domain?  I have recieved
some upset phone calls about our list activity regaurding some topics
that have been discussed.  If our list is public domain for anyone to
read it is news to me.

Skye



   Fire Island Eco-Treks-808-443-6085
   Fire Island Professional Farrier Service-640-6080



Reply via email to