---- Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
> http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3971406n?source=search_video
> 
>
Oh my gosh . . . Isn't that sad?  You could just tell this woman's whole life 
was those horses. 

We didn't have a drought, but we had a dry spell last year that made hay prices 
higher and good hay harder to find.     I've been noticing a lot of last year's 
hay that people might have been hoarding is now being offered for sale in our 
area, still at rather top prices though.   I think  everyone is opitimistic 
about what this year's growing season will bring, but still wants to get last 
year's prices for last year's hay incase not.

I really envy the farms that can raise all their own hay.   For our little 10 
acres, it wouldn't justify buying the used hay equipment it would take to work 
it, but I have to admit, it has crossed my mind.    My hay guy made noises last 
year about getting out of raising hay and I've been putting off calling him for 
fear of what he will say. . . I HATE the idea of trying to find someone else 
who does as good a job as he always did.   But I will if I have to I guess.

-- Renee M. in raining and WARMING Michigan

Reply via email to