On 3/30/08, susan cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
 Probably the only "TRUE HORSEMAN" I
> have ever met so far (in person) has been Liz Graves.
> She gets inside the horse's head, and it is thanks to
> her that I try to get inside my horse's head.  When
> she met Whisper last year, she told me Whisper would
> make me a better horseperson because of her
> personality.  For a while, I thought Whisper was
> actually going to break me, but, with the clicker, we
> are once again riding as one!  Liz is my hero, and I
> can only hope I can have as much knowledge and
> horsemanship as she has in her pinkie finger!
>
> Susan in NV


I feel like Liz is the best ever, as far as gait is concerned, as far
as "reading" an animal is concerned.  I think if everyone who owned a
gaited horse could watch just one of her videos their horses would be
so blessed.  Everyone just loves Liz!  Anyone who doesn't love Liz...
well, thats not someone I would trust around my horses.  because I
think it would reveal a basic insensitivity to what is good for a
horse, a basic resistance to learning whats good for a horse, or an
ego too big to ever "hear" what a horse is saying!

I believe we should all support those who we believe in, who practice
what they preach and do good for our horses, support them financially
and emotionally, applaud them, go to their clinics when we can,
recommend their material when we can.  There is so much focus on the
negative on these lists when we try and help the horses we love.

There is a quote ...  "it doesnt matter what you say with words, what
you are SHOUTS from inside" and what Liz SHOUTS is how she after one
thing and one thing only, to help horses by working with people and
horses and teaching them how to work together.

I have seen many clinicians, and some are good but have some flaws,
some are great and have no flaws, Like Liz, Lynn Palm, Tommy Turvey, I
love all of them.  Know how you can tell a great clinician?  or
horseperson in general??  Look at their HORSE, the horses they work
with.  If they are happy, healthy, impish, playful, eager to learn,
thats a great horseperson.  as Larry the redneck says "i don't care
who you are" you gotta believe that haha
Janice--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.

Reply via email to