I would think that there is a pelleted feed with the magnesium in it that you 
could feed and just 
cut back on the alfalfa. I have one horse that alfalfa makes crazy...I can't 
feed it to him but we 
have timothy here anyway so he rarely gets any alfalfa unless the timothy has 
some mixed into it 
and I can always tell when he's had too much because he changes. Anyway, there 
is also a bagged 
chopped hay you can buy that is grass. Its concentrated so you feed alot less. 
If your horses are 
antsy, check out the bagged pelleted feed called Cool Command if you can get it 
out there, see if 
it has enough magnesium for you. I also feed triple crown lite. Shipping is, 
for me, not an option 
as it makes everything too expensive. So I get what is available or produced 
regionally/locally 
etc....

 I just spray the pellets with some water to soften them just to be safe (from 
those that tend to 
eat too fast).

 I feed the pelleted feed once a day with hay (less hay), and hay only once a 
day. If you free feed 
then adjust the amount I guess that you allow them to eat for a certain part of 
the day? I don't 
know because I don't free feed but the pelleted feeds are complete and you 
don't want them to get 
too fat! My guys would burst if I free fed! They look at food and gain weight! 
(well except for my 
one old guy who I feed extra to.)

Suggestions anyway!
Bia

Reply via email to