OK, some of you are going to say "what's the big deal"  but I'm
excited.  Doppa and Mura decided they could share the run-in shed
today.  My horses never use the run-in in the winter but in the summer
they use it every day.  Even though they have lots of shade trees, I
think where the run-in is located picks up a nice breeze and they like
it.  Doppa started using it right away last Sept - as soon as it was
built but Mura was much slower to be comfortable with it and she would
never go in when Doppa was in there. It has plenty of room for both of
them but she just didn't feel comfortable. From what I understand, she
has been the low mare on the totem pole in the herds she has been in
before.  But today, when I went out to give them their lunch they were
both in there just hanging out - I was very happy to see it.  My
husband will be especially happy to see it because he couldn't
understand why I couldn't just go out there and just make Doppa let
Mura in.  Actually, I don't think Doppa ever objected but Mura needed
connvincing.  It really bothered him to see Doppa standing in the shed
and Mura standing on the outside by the window.  Silly, a little
thing,  but it's nice to know that Mura is really feeling secure now.

-- 
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

Reply via email to