>
> That's just a lot of sevin to turn loose in the environment.  Why don't
> you just put it on the horse directly -- either as a dust or a spray?
> Do your horses have mites?  Because that is what sevin is used in
> chickens for.  Mites aren't gnats (human mites are known as crabs or
> cooties -- they crawl, not fly).

because I have put so much on the horse directly that he is glowing in
the dark :)  I want to go at this from the source now...  I want to
try sevin because I KNOW I have mites from chickens, my Jaspar has ear
mites as we speak.  Also Tivar responds really well to this
anti-goat-lice stuff the vet gave me to put on him in dots, and also
the vet told me our most common culicoide here is very similar to lice
moreso than most.  Just thought I would give it a try.  But maybe just
getting the paddocks clean and dry with new sand will help.

What about diatamatious (sp) earth?  Know anything about that??
should I try that first?

Janice
-- 
even good horses have bad days sometimes.

Reply via email to