>
> What about during the night?
>
>

What I do with mine is give them 2 hours on good grass in the morning
and then they are on an area where they get some grass but a minmal
amount and then in the evening I give them a 1/4 bale of hay.  If you
can get an acre or 2 area that they can eat down to where there isn't
a lot of grass, then they can stay on that for most of the time and
then you can let them into other, more lush areas for limited amounts
of time.  I would really worry putting horses that aren't used to a
lot of grass on a lush pasture without working them gradually into it.
-- 
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

"I ride ponies because heart is not measured in hands." - Steve Edwards

Reply via email to