wow its looking good V!  i dont know much about lush grass but i know
here when rye grass is coming in people dont leave horses on it for
more than an hour the first time, and if they get diahreah that is a
sign of having too much.  I know also it depends on how fertilized it
is etc.  I know the longer and older it gets the lower in sugar and
nutrients.  which is good.  I dont have endless grass so I split mine
in three areas fenced off and I rotate them, then their paddocks are
"dry lots" with no grass at all which is what happens when you leave
them on it in a small area all the time .  But its good to have a dry
lot too for when they dont need to be eating.  I read a thing just the
other day--- it said, use the 4 inch 8 inch rule, don't let your
horses out on the grass until it is eight inches long and take them
off it when its down to 4 inches.  But I dont think mine has ever been
over 5-6 inches!  this year could be better tho, our 3 year drought
seems to be over thank goodness.  my husband mowed the pastures this
weekend.  I hate it he had to do that but the weeds were getting tall
and once they do that and go to seed there will be more and more weeds
and tall weeds crowd out grass.

Janice
-- 
even good horses have bad days sometimes.

Reply via email to