Hi Kasper

> For instance I monitor several web services from my internal network
> (primarily checked via my master server) but I would also like to monitor
> the same services from outside my internal network as sometimes firewall /
> ISP / DNS errors might make services inaccessible for external users but
> still accessible from the inside. And as such the monitoring will not show
> the full picture.

I'm sure there are many ways, but in my setups I use a satellite server
which is running in the cloud. This satellite server then gets all checks
to be executed from a "Internet point of view", mainly HTTP checks of
important web applications running inside our data center.

You can find more information about satellite servers here:
https://www.icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/06-distributed-monitoring/

cheers
ck