I'd drop Section 4.  We have discussed those topics, but enumerating them in the problem statement sounds like establishing explicit limits to the solution space.

Rather, I'd include a report of actual incidents, possibly showing full message contents and estimated fallout dimensions.

It might help to be clear about the goal of the paper.  I see it as helping to provide focus for the effort, as well as aid in educating the larger technical and operations community.

Some discussion of incidents can make the fact that this is a real and present danger more... real and immediate to the reader. But it doesn't need to be a statistical analysis demonstrating solid academic research.  Just examples, properly washed to protect the... well...

Some discussion of the apparent solution space can help the reader with what to expect.  In some cases it might even prompt someone to look for something useful outside that space.  but again, the goal should be basic description, rather than attempt anything definitive.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking