--- Jeffrey Altman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have so many issues with this reply that I am only going to focus on
> one.
>
> > Agreed. How do you expect the intruders  will steal the tickets, without
> > being recipients of the ticket? Unless, you are assuming that the private
> > network is not trusted and that there are intruders within the private
> > network.
>
> There is no such thing as a trusted network.  One of the first things
> you learn about security (having nothing to do with computer security)
> is that most attacks occur from inside the organization.  There is no
> such thing as a trusted network.

I hear what you say. Thanks.

> I have pointed you in directions you need to follow.  Stating that the
> a problem in one context is described in the described in another
> context is not useful in this document.  It is exactly because of this
> approach that the document comes across sounding as if the problems
> described are trivial and inconsequential.

Dont get me wrong. I was not suggesting that it suffices to point out
one end of the problem (ex: X-Windows Server redirection). I was merely
stating that the document covered one end, but failed to cover the other
end of the problem (i.e., Setting the DISPLAY variable from a Telnet
session, using an IP address).

>     Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
>                  The Kermit Project * Columbia University
>               612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
>   http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [EMAIL PROTECTED]

cheers,
suresh

=====