On 5/26/02 at 8:04 PM +0200, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

>Yokohama will probably see one meeting that is, by definition, a
>conflict with just about EVERY working group: The meeting that will
>talk about the IETF procedures for intellectual property rights,
>including copyright issues and - most ominously - patent issues.
>[...]
>So this means that people who have IPR issues they want to bring to
>the table had better be prepared to stay Friday; most others can
>leave if they want to.
>
>What do people think?

It seems to me that exactly the same thing can be said about POISSON
and it gets along just fine conflicting with other meetings. The
people who will go to an IPR meeting instead of going to another one
are those folks who want to contribute to setting IETF IPR policy. I
think putting it on a day with no other meetings *invites* people who
may or may not care very much, but are willing to rant on given the
invitation. Furthermore, decisions of the IETF do not take place at
face-to-face meetings and it better not be *required* to attend this
meeting if you want to have input on IETF IPR policy. I have no
objection to putting the meeting on Friday; I just don't think it
requires a day by itself.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>