--On 28. mai 2002 14:58 -0500 Pete Resnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Again, I'm not going to object to using meeting time for this kind of
> session if that's what's needed. But other than Harald's message, I have
> not heard anything about this since Minneapolis and have not heard folks
> clamoring for such a meeting. Heck, we haven't seen a proposed agenda for
> a meeting let alone an I-D. How was it decided that everyone would
> obviously want to go and that therefore a separate session was needed?

basically decided (proposed) by me after listening to the feedback from the
plenary in Minneapolis, and a number of private discussions.
Not that *everyone* would want to go, but that the set of people who would
want to go would be basically unknown, and not aligned along the "usual
lines", but SHOULD include a large percentage of the IETF "leadership".
(It also allows the people who do NOT want to participate a chance to
leave...)
And yes, we have explicitly invited Jorge Contreras, the "IETF lawyer".

We have used more time than I would like in getting this effort off the
ground (this is not uncommon). We are hoping to announce the mailing list
Real Soon Now.

                  Harald