Paul Vixie;

The switch to anycast for root servers is a good thing.

again there's a tense problem.  there was no "switch to" anycast.  the last
time those thirteen (or eight) ip addresses were each served by a single host
in a single location was some time in the early 1990's.

So?

Service by multiple hosts in a single location is hardly anycast.

When it was switched to anycast?

                                                       But it was hardly
without risks.  For example, do we really fully comprehend the dynamics of
anycast should there be a large scale disturbance to routing on the order
of 9/11?

yes, actually, we do. (or at least the f-root operator does.)

Can you explain, the reactions of people who have been engaging in root server operations against anycast without comprehending the dynamics of anycast, as observed in the last month in IETF DNS OP ML?

Masataka Ohta