But, Brian, the concern for costs ought to extend much farther, such as to
the kinds of issues raised by an IESG Discuss so that the AD provides an
explanation of the benefit that justifies the considerable cost in delay and wg
effort they are imposing...

Hence the DISCUSS criteria document, which is a work in progress (and
likely to become an ION).

I have been meaning to give you a vigorous thank you for the effort to produce that document.

I happened to choose the particular example of Discuss simply because it is of immediate concern to me, but my point was intended, of course, to be more general.

That's why your raising the 'cost' issue for the current discussion came as such a confusing surprise.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking