Adam Roach allegedly wrote on 09/23/2009 9:28 AM:
> In my recollection, there is a semi-regular IETF participant who travels
> with a MacBook that has a Tibetan flag sticker prominently visible on
> the lid.

Assuming you are correct, that is an individual statement.  It will not
be part of presentations, distributed materials, or even discussion
sponsored by the meeting.

> On the other hand, someone with the value system to make that kind of
> statement may welcome such an incident. The clause under discussion runs
> headlong into this kind of problem and amplifies it by potentially
> shutting down the entire event.

Based on the little I've seen of PRC government responses to impromptu
protests (I've never been in one but I have firsthand reports), they
haven't blamed the organization those people were part of (just the
individuals) unless it was significant, pre-planned, and the
organization expected something of that kind to occur.