Scott,

Your comments align very much with others that we have received
privately, on the list, or through the survey. All of it is being
considered very seriously and you can expect a progress report
soon.

As for alternative venues: since most IETF meetings depend on a
host, we're not in a position to "finesse" (to use your term)
the problem by going to a different location in the same region.
(Ignoring the fact that venues in Hong Kong for example are
booked many years in advance of any event).

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: o...@cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj