On Aug 29, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

> You said:
>
> "For an IETF meeting, we don't really have either of these."
>
> What? IETF 79 is hosted by Tsinghua University, CERNET and CNNIC. The
> website is still work in progress, but I would be very surprised if
> they won't iinclude additional hotel info etc, if they don't, well
> then we can certainly ask them too.

Hopefully. But only the two hotels listed there have agreements and special
rates for IETF attendants. In Maastricht there were a lot of hotels with
special rates, so a lot were listed. I don't remember additional hotels being
listed for Anaheim, Dublin or Chicago.

In all those locations this was not a problem, but I don't know how to spot a
fleabag hotel in China. I believe I can do this in the US or Europe.

> Food (outside of the major international hotels) is VERY cheap in
> Beijing, as in less than $20 for a 5-course meal for 2 including
> beer. Beer in a grocery store is about 25 US cents per bottle.
>
> Sounding a little better?

Sounds great, but food and hotels are two separate expense report items, each
with its own caps.