On 05/09/11 19:53, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
On May 9, 2011, at 6:51 AM, Eric Burger wrote:

Agreeing with John here re: it's just a bug.

IEEE Xplore regularly does "deals" (read: free) to add publishers to the
digital library. It is part of the network effect from their perspective: if you are more
likely to get a hit using their service, you are more likely to use the service.

We (RFC Editor? IAOC? Me as an individual?) can approach IEEE to add the RFC
series to Xplore.
Or the IETF Trust could do this, as it falls squarely within the purpose of the
Trust.
<soapbox>
The Trust should not do. The Trust should set policy, and observe that the Right Thing Happens.
</soapbox>

In the case of Google Scholar, I found the guidelines to be a bit intimidating:

http://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/inclusion.html

but not something that would be hard for the RFC publisher to set up in a few hours based on the PDF form of the RFCs and the rfc-index.xml file.

FWIW: The RFC series does have an ISSN.

                  Harald